Sunday, April 15, 2012

Steampunk on Sunday: Wet Paint.

Yes, I am painting.
 Hubby has pointed to his new desk 
(Wal*Mart, not 19th century, but anyway...) 
and asked please, please could he move it into the room?
So I said, yes, if he doesn't mind me working around him.
So I'm slapping on nasty green paint as fast as I can,
so he can take up residence on Tuesday after work.

 Meanwhile, 
here are some links to some nice  Victorian wallpaper.



And, of course, William Morris

Rabbit! In red!



And, finally, the remarkable 


And yes, 
I'm very glad I picked up my faux lookalike 
from Big Lots
 for a dollar a roll.

10 comments:

  1. fabulous wallpapers ! Thanks for the links !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm drooling over these wallpapers. Especially that embossed one. Great post, as per usual, Ms rabbit!
    Possum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lincrusta is glorious stuff and much too pricey for Rabbits. But wonderful, all the same. Thank you, Miss Possum.

      Delete
    2. Lincrusta is so rich looking and full of detail. To find a stash of it secondhand would be a Possum's dream.....

      Delete
    3. Oh yes! Mine too! And trust me, I've looked! The finishes on their website might be useable on the more sturdy embossed papers. The people who make Lincrusta also make Anaglypta (which was Lincrusta for the pauper) which is still pricey over here, but stands up to washes and and some of the special paint effects. It makes a great faked tin tile ceiling, apparently, so I'm surprised it's quite so hard to find over here in the USA.

      Delete
  3. Oooo la la.....Loving the William Morris red rabbit! (Wanna come and paint at my house?) ;o) Smiles & Sunday Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No.

      But thank you for asking... Seriously, I'm not the tidiest of painters. Can hang wallpaper, though. I'd come around and hang wallpaper, as long as you can keep me in tea and scones. Deal?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I need to buy a scrap of that in fabric. Just a wee bit,enough for a rabbity cushion! Thank you for dropping by!

      Delete

I am At Home for comments....