Saturday, November 19, 2011

Steampunk on Sunday: Invitation to the Ball

We all want to go to the Ball because we all know we're Cinderella. We're all left with the dirty work while others go off and have fun and sometimes, we want to dress up pretty, to be Transformed and enjoy ourselves, too.

So, you have your invite to a Masquerade, a Steampunk Ball, a Dickensian Christmas or a Vampire LARP and you want to know what to wear. You start here. It's rather long, but it does have everything you need and I've tried to locate all the mentioned links for you.



For the amazing hats, you need  Topsy Turvy Designs on Etsy.  









 and the bustle dresses are here.
This lovely photo I found on LuLu  Kellogg's'
wonderful blog




Corsets, you say?
Like this one I found at Plush Possum Studio?


How about these?
Outrageous?
Scandalous?
I know!
 But imagine if you did wear one?
What a wonderful day that would be!


Even if you're not having a Steampunk Sunday, dress up, dress pretty. 
That's the best part of the Cinderella story.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the wonderful linky dinks!! As soon as I stop drooling over that wonderful bustle dress, I'm off to check them out! Hoping all is well in your Cinderella world....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh..how fun..so many pretty things to see!! thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Rabbit, this was a delightful journey into the how-to end of Steampunk! Along the way, yours truly learned and made note of the many fun ideas supplied, and I want to thank you for this inspiration!
    You see, I am a nut for cool hats--all kinds. And that Steampunked pillbox hat is a stunner!
    But your whole post is rollicking good fun, just right for the Cinderella in me.
    Awesome job!
    Possum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish I had time to go to the ball, it looks like so much fun to play along, alas no time today but... I am here to let you know you won some stamps in my giveaway. Shoot me an email and I'll mail them right away
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Thank you, Lynn! Yes, sending you an e-mail RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Oh! Oh! Wheee!
    Thank you!

    * At temps to regain composure*

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the video and all there was to dress for the ball.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete

I am At Home for comments....