Sunday, October 9, 2011

Oops Paint and free tape

Ok, so, I scored some free painter's tape. No, really. This is why I love blogging!

 Here at A Sort of Fairytale I entered the draw to win some painter's tape. I was drawn there by her amazing Union Jack chair, initially.
Cool Britannia!
 I'm tickled pink by the emergence of the United Kingdom flag as a graphic image. It manages to be modern and retro and antique, all at the same time.

Anyway, I desperately needed some painter's tape.  There's some clapped-out generic beige masking tape in my third drawer down in the kitchen but it's pretty much dead and I just use it to hold things in place temporarily. I pleaded my case, that the tape was needed for my Timetravellers' Steampunk Sherlock Victorian Study which is for Hubby .Then I kinda forgot about it. I really didn't expect to win any.

I was actually startled to get an e-mail from Stacey at A Sort of Fairytale, asking for my address and sending, post haste, a roll of ScotchBlue Painter's Tape with Edge-Lock Paint Line Protector.. Whoopee! Free! Quality Tape! So, thank you, thank you to Stacey, and to everyone at ScotcBlue Painter's Tape . They get points from me just for using an apostrophe in the right place in a trade name.

Here it is up on my wall. I'm dividing up the walls in the traditional Victorian fashion,  with a freize and a dado and at present I'm painting the frieze with some Oops paint. I don't know what you'd call the colour. If you were romantic, you could call it Vampire's Kiss. If you were more prosaic, it looks like crushed elderberries, or, possibly, that someone has eaten too much blueberry pie...

Free painter's tape in action

I'm intenting to use the tape in an active way, to create lines and stripes and what-have-you. I'll keep you all posted when I do and if it works. So far, the tape does what I'd expect a painter's tape to do and does it well..

(Try the video for the  Third Drawer Down song. If you're not supremely organised, you'll have one, too. In fact, if you're a hoarder/crafter you need one of these. PS. He says a rude word. The one that rhymes with grit, so you might want to select when you play it. It's all tastefully done, however...)

1 comment:

I am At Home for comments....